Thursday, November 18, 2010

Totally Naked

Have you ever had that desire to completely bare your soul to the world to stand thoroughly unclothed in the midst of people who desire to dress you in all the wrong colors? While I know for sure society cannot handle the person completely unfettered  in every area of life, still I wonder how much the person can handle never being free for just a moment from the corset of conformity. Not for a moment do I speak of being free from morals or doing those things that are right, but for the person who has to care about the things they don’t care about or can’t feel the things they know they feel then you may just understand what I mean. If you’ve ever read the novel The Awakening by Kate Chopin you know just how far this line of thought can go, farther than I certainly think is acceptable for the person living outside of a novel or Lifetime drama. It is true, however, that there are moments in life, or maybe just in mine, where you see that people know you for what they want to see and there is no one who knows you the way you wish to be. It is to my comfort and my conviction that at least I know that there is One who sees all of me. Funny how frightening that exposure becomes. There may be moments we wish to bare everything, but once you’re naked you can’t help but search for something to put on.

 

For those who haven’t read the book, read the summary: http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/awakening/summary.html

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog. the combination of substance with style is amazing. please continue to send more post. i look forward to receiving updates as often as you can get them out. please please keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete